Client TELUS Mobility
Project Channel Partners Portal
Circa 2002 02
Statement of Problem
A redeployment of the Client Portal with changes to support finer variations
between users and access characteristics, and also to support the TELUS
Mobility Architecture Blueprint.
Specificly, the following points needed to be addressed:
- Provide the Dealer and Channel Partners with a single
web-facing point of contact providing integration with the various channel
- Single URL access point.
- New Login screen to replace current pop-up.
- Allow users to log in with various roles, and permissions
for services that correspond to those roles (for example, to limit use
of an application to a Dealer Principal user, or to prevent access of
internal dealer information to a Guest user).
- All content to be delivered in French or English,
depending on the users' stated preferences.
The Last Byte participated in the design and development of the following
- HTML templates for use in the construction of the
content pages in JSP's.
- Security architecture for restricting content access
to users with suitable roles and from appropriate regions.
- Conversion of PERL-based contest application to
- Documentation for the above-captioned components.
Tools and Technologies
UML, Java Server Pages, Java Servlets, XML/XSLT, HTML, CSS, BEA WebLogic
5.1, Netscape iPlanet, Solaris 2.7/7.